Budapest Food and Wine Tour
Don't get caught up in a touristy restaurant trying watered down goulash. The Budapest Food and Wine Tour will take you on a tasting extravaganza that allows you try it all and also includes a wine tasting. Hungarian food, wine, spirits and hospitality is known around the world, join this gastronomic tour and find out why.
This tour gives an overview of the typical Hungarian menus that are eaten and drunk on a daily basis. Learn how Hungarian food is prepared and the exact ingredients that go into making the meals. You will start with a lecture on the wines you will try in a private cellar. The 5 tier wine tasting depicts the traditional well known wines of Hungary and the meaning and significance behind each one.
Next stop takes you to a typical local bar for the appetizer portion of the tour and then another stop at a restaurant for a large goulash soup with bread and a typical Hungarian dessert. On the tour you will also be offered a welcome spirit to clean the pallet before trying the tasty Hungarian tidbits. Along with all this food, a beverage or glass of wine also is included. Last but not least you will try a typical dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth and have a coffee or tea for a calming and relaxing end to a great indulging experience.
April 01 to October 31
Thursday and Saturday
November 01 to March 31
- January 01 (New Years Day)
- December 24 – 26 (Christmas)
- December 31 (New Years Eve)
Departure Point: Tour commences at Deak Square in front of the church steps. The meeting point is easy to locate and your guide will be waiting for you. Departure Time: Departs at 12:00pm. Please be ready at 11:45am. Return details: Tour concludes near to Oktogon metro stop (VI. District). Hotel Pickup: Hotel pick up is not provided.
- The secret to good Hungarian Cooking – Ingredients and Recipes
- Market visit to see the local food varieties
- 3 Tier Hungarian Wine Tasting during meal
- Bowl of Hungarian goulash soup with bread
- Huge Hungarian meal with pickled salad and garnish
- A traditional desert to finish the tour
- Optional gratuities
- This product must be booked at least 24 hours in advance of your travel date
- Confirmation for this product will be received at the time of booking
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- Tour is operated in all weather conditions
Budapest Food and Wine Tour Reservation